The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Scientific Coordinator to manage and implement the Senegal Cluster of the World Bank funded project “Accelerating the impacts of CGIAR Climate Research in Africa (AICCRA)” led overall by CIAT with the Senegal cluster led by ILRI.
- PhD in a relevant field of agriculture or climate science, or a closely related discipline
- A minimum five years relevant experience post-PhD
- A publication record demonstrating innovative contributions to academic literature in relevant areas potentially including, but not limited to: climate services, farmer participatory research, agricultural advisory services, and climate resilience of farmers
- Demonstrated expertise in research and implementation of climate services for agriculture, potentially including communications and institutional aspects. Experience in participatory action research with farming communities in West Africa is desired
- Demonstrated capabilities in project or program management, including: supervision of project-based personnel, ensuring collaboration and coordination of project activities among partners, monitoring managing project resources, and reporting project results
- Excellent communication skills in both French and English (oral and written), with demonstrated ability to communicate complex information to a range of audiences. Experience in conducting training for agricultural extension staff or other farmer intermediaries desired
- Demonstrated ability to develop partnerships and collaborate effectively with national and local institutions
Post location: The position will be based in Dakar, Senegal
How to apply: Applicants should send a cover letter and CV expressing their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development through the recruitment portal http://ilri.simplicant.com/ before 8 January 2022. The position title and reference number REF: SC/SLS/12/2021 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.