SINP, a premier institute of basic research under the administrative control of the Department of Atomic Energy, Govt of India, invites job applications from Indian nationals as per the details given below. The applicants should be exceptionally bright and talented Indian nationals working in the theoretical aspects of Quantum Information and Computation (QIC), with a demonstrated ability to build and lead research activity in the broad interdisciplinary field of QIC. The selected candidate is expected to lead the QIC activity in SINP and is also expected to play a significant role in the teaching programmes of the Institute.
|Post Name||Senior Professor (H) / Professor (G)|
|No. of Vacancy||1|
|Pay||Senior Professor (H) : Level 14 in the 7th CPC Pay Matrix/ Professor (G) : Level 13A in the 7 th CPC Pay Matrix|
Senior Professor (H) :
Professor (G) :
Selection Procedure: Applications will be evaluated based on their merits, national and international recognitions, and suitability based on the functional needs of the Institute. Following an initial screening that identifies strong applications, independent inputs regarding these may be sought from national and international experts in the respective fields. Such applicants may be asked to give seminars and interact with the faculty members (in-person or through video conference). The Selection Committee shall assess the suitability of the applicants and make appropriate recommendations for the recruitment of the candidates.
How to Apply - Each applicant has to send a single zip file containing the following application materials (in pdf
format) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of the email please mention “Application for QIC”.
1. Signed cover letter.
2. Curriculum Vitae with full list of publications.
3. Research experience (up to two pages) indicating any academic leadership/independence.
4. References of five selected publications, explaining their importance and the role of the candidate in those publications.
5. Research plan (maximum two pages).
6. Statement of teaching experience (The selected candidates are expected to be involved in the
teaching programme of SINP, which is a Constituent Institution of HBNI, Mumbai.)
7. Names and emails of at least five referees familiar with the work of the applicant.
8. Ph.D. Certificate (self-attested).
9. Any other relevant information the applicant may wish to furnish.
Last date (and time) of receipt of application: October 8, 2021 (15:00 hrs.)