||Oracle Database Administrator
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering /Technology/ Science or equivalent
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 6+ years of Oracle Database Developer/Administrator experience in Oracle 12c or above.
- Sound knowledge on –
- Database Administration
- Disaster Recovery
- SQL queries
- Data Replication
- Log Shipping
- Configuring Clustering / Mirroring / HA (High Availability)
- Trouble Shooting with SQL and Event logs
- Security Administration (Users and Permissions)
- Database instance configuration / backup / migration / ETL
- Understanding of Database Designing, Architecture and Performance Optimization
- Upgrading Oracle software to new versions
- Applying service packs and security patches
- Linux commands
- Exposure to basic PL/SQL to query data from any database
- Strong interpersonal and articulation skills both spoken and written
Skills and Qualifications
- Proficient in Oracle administrative and monitoring tools.
- Strong Experience in UNIX/Linux operations.
- Strong Experience in database internals.
- Experience in performance analysis and/or performance optimizations.
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Strong experience in Database modeling and designing, SQL.
- Technology and Domain Specific Certifications like Oracle Database Administrator etc.
- MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science specializing distributed systems, database internal systems or related fields.
- Experience in other SQL and NoSQL database systems.
- Some knowledge or experience of cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure or GC.
- Strong skills in paper writing.