- Master’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration. Membership in an internationally recognized accounting
institute (e.g. CPA, Certified Management Accountant, Chartered Accountant, etc.) strongly preferred.
- At least 15 years of relevant management experience as a senior professional in a nonprofit organization or social impact business including strategic planning and oversight, operational systems and policies, information systems, business processes and risk management in a “Hands-on” culture.
- Excellent business acumen to help lead and set course for CIP to grow and move forward.
- Demonstrated knowledge of traditional Aid donors and their financial rules and regulations. Knowledge of USAID a plus.
- Experience creating systems, policies, and tools to support strategic and rapid organizational growth and scaling up organizations, with proven results.
- Demonstrated strategic and analytical skills, including using data and evidence to inform decisions, navigate through
- setbacks, and drive continuous improvements.
- Experience leading multiple work streams that extend beyond your immediate team, providing leadership for peers, subordinates and partners.
- Demonstrated understanding of the importance of diversity, inclusion, and equity in the workplace
- Experience hiring, supervising and managing staff; enforcing accountability; developing leadership across the organization.
- Strong knowledge of international financial reporting and accounting standards, IFRS, and proven experience in applying them to produce financial statements for a globally diverse organization.
- Strong knowledge of financial accounting and planning, budgeting, risk management, and financial control systems.
- Proven hands-on experience in planning and implementing challenging, complex projects that anticipate and respond to the demands of a high-growth organization.
- Strong desires to learn, grow, and apply knowledge to benefit the organization and to engender the same in team members.
- Experience in and commitment to developing team members, both on the job and by supporting staff development programs.
- Demonstrated success in managing people and activities in multicultural environments. Experience working across the Americas, Europe, Africa, and Asia (China and India) is ideal.
- Excellent English and Spanish skills, both written and spoken.