|Post Code||Name of the Post||No. of Vacancy||Age Limit||Pay Scale|
|NMM2016-001||Project Scientist-C||02||40 years||Rs 15,600-39,100) + G.P. Rs 6,600/- + D.A. + H.R.A.|
|Post Code||Educational Qualification|
|NMM2016-001||- A Masters Degree or equivalent in Atmospheric Science/ Meteorology/ Oceanography/ Physics/ Geophysics from a recognized University/ Institution with at least 60% marks at Post Graduation.
- Ph.D. in any of the above subjects.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience of research (after Master degree) in Atmospheric and or Oceanic Sciences as evidenced by published papers.
Desirable : -Research Experience supported by peer reviewed publications in good impact journals would be an added advantage.
- Working knowledge of Atmospheric General Circulation Models.
- Experience in using Programming languages (like FORTRAN-90, C/C++ etc.), Shell scripting,; Meteorological data analysis tools (like GrADS, FERRET, NCL, NCO, CDO etc.)
- Handling of large volume of data and conversant with data format like NetCDF, HDF, GRIB etc.
- Ability to work in large groups.
- Knowledge of UNIX/LINUX System Administration would be an added advantage.
- The Selected candidates have to work on improvement of high resolution GEFS short range forecast.
How to Apply : Only online applications will be accepted. Hard copy of the applications will not be accepted.. Aspiring candidates may submit their applications with post code along with their CV online only: http://www.tropmet.res.in/Careers up to 30th October 2016.
The posts are purely temporary and on contract basis.
* Please refer to the official Website or Employment Notice
Related Recruitment in the field of - Govt jobs for Ph.D,