|Post Code||Name of the post||No. of Vacancy||Age Limit||Salary|
(Analysis & Modeling)
|03||40 years||Rs 64,643/- pm|
(Field work, Data Collection & Analysis)
|01||40 years||Rs 64,643/- pm|
|Post Code||Educational Qualification & Exp.|
|CCCR2016-001||- A First Class (60% of marks) Masters degree (M.Sc/M.Sc-Tech/M.Tech) in Atmospheric Sciences/Meteorology/Oceanography (or) in Physics/Geophysics/Mathematics with meteorology or fluid dynamics as one of the subjects from a recognized university/Institute with a minimum of 4 years research experience
-Working knowledge in HPC and experience with operating systems UNIX/LINUX and Windows environment
- Conversant in high-level programming languages FORTRAN and C
- Very good experience with a few or more data analysis tools viz., MATLAB, GraDS, IDL, NCL, Ferret, and R software. Additional knowledge of GIS is an advantage.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
Desirable : - Ph.D. in any of the above subjects would be a desirable qualification and research Experience supported by publications in good impact journals would be an added advantage.
- Familiarity with governing dynamical processes associated with weather and climate
- Familiarity with weather and climate modeling/work experience in numerical modeling of ocean/atmosphere general circulation features
- Ability to work with large datasets and analyze climate model outputs
- Ability to design and conduct coupled general circulation model experiments on supercomputing platforms
|CCCR2016-002||-A First Class (60% of marks) Masters degree (M.Sc/M.Sc-Tech/M.Tech) in Physics/Geophysics/Geology/Chemistry/Atmosphere Sciences/Ocean Sciences/ Earth Science/ Physical or Chemical Oceanography with meteorology/ oceanography as one of the subjects from a recognized university/Institute with a minimum of 4 years research experience
- Experience and strong interest in Analytical Chemistry with demonstrated technological expertise related to isotope ratio mass spectrometer
- Good written and oral communication skills
Desirable : Knowledge of radiometric dating techniques for sedimentary samples
- Knowledge of analytical techniques involving ICP-MS, Laser Isotope Analyzer etc.,
- Modeling of environmental systems, particularly paleoclimate research.
- Conversant with high-level programming languages like Fortran and C and working experience with data analysis tools eg. MATLAB, GrADS, IDL, NCL, Ferret, RSoftware, etc.
How to Apply : Only online applications will be accepted. Hard copy of the applications will not be accepted. Aspiring candidates may submit their applications with post code along with their CV online only: http://www.tropmet.res.in/Careers up to 15th October 2016
* Please refer to the official Website or Employment Notice
Related Recruitment in the field of - M.Sc, ME/M.Tech, Ph.D,